Friday, April 26

A list will help

"Please don't underestimate the relief that comes after every small accomplishment"
  1. Yesterday, I finished drafting Rear Window and I moved it into an appropriately named folder and out of my desktop. It feels good. 
  2. Starting work on a revision of The Hand You Are Dealt 
  3. Asked Ace to read Rear Window first. Slowly trying to accept that even writing--the process of completing a story--cannot be accomplished in solitude. Hoping to see her this Saturday.
  4. Realized, with a start, that I disliked being around people because I'm so used to withholding restraint that it's difficult to get back into the habit of compromise. 
  5. Case in point, dealing with children and shoddy service at restaurants. 
  6. Not for the last time, I miss my friends
  7. I've decided to dedicate May to two things. First: drafting and revisions. Second, not unrelated: my twenty-page paper for last semester's Advanced Film Theory.  
"Revisions for Rear Window"



No comments:

Post a Comment