Thursday, April 18

a list will help


  1. I very nearly finished reading (and summarzing, for our graphic artists) all twenty-one stories featured in an upcoming anthology. We hope to publish it this later this year (hopefully by June or earlier) and I am spearheading the project.
  2. This is where I stop talking about work before I name-drop on a very public platform. 
  3. I've been trying to find the correct medium to talk about Buscalan and, armed with the knowledge that Kat is gunning for an extended travel essay, I thought I'd attempt another personal one. 
  4. Everytime I shiver, the tattoo aches as my skin contracts. 
  5. I will not deny that the past week had been spent trying to recover from a few days of travel. I was displaced so completely I don't think I've rebuilt myself properly. I may have left something vital in the Cordillera. 
  6.  Whenever I felt homesick (and yes despite having spent only a few nights away from home, I slept with my feet firmly planted south, the direction that meant home, the way I must travel to return) I looked at my tattoo and felt, if only briefly, the comfort brought on by the assurance of having a home to pine for.
  7. Disoriented, I rearrange myself on my bed, tossing and turning once every few minutes to shake off my only bedmate, the suffocating summer heat. 
  8. This is the place to which I want to return, now. As much as I want to remember everything, my imagination can only contain two things: the sunlight and the air. 
  9. Every night, still, I twist and turn to find the direction to which I need to return. 
"aboard the jeepney from the village"
"you can't imagine the proximity of the mountain range"

No comments:

Post a Comment