Friday, May 17

A list will help

  1. Ashamed to report I haven't returned to writing The Hand She was Dealt since I finished the first fifteen hundred words or so. 
  2. Not sure if this is the result of my suddenly busy schedule helping out with an event and reading other manuscripts.
  3. Or if I've given into my laziness (again). 
  4. Watched Zodiac (2007, dir. David Fincher) and Wreck it Ralph (2012, dir. Rich Moore). Both enjoyable although they further my education not a mile. Not an inch, actually. 
  5. I emailed Ace about certain insecurities. I am tempted to apologize (I apologize too much) but I restrain myself. 
  6. Zadie Smith finished her first novel before she finished her undergraduate degree and she published it by the time she was 24. 
  7. Been keeping an eye on  Ace and her budding romance. 
  8. Not sure if I want to keep writing The Hand she was Dealt. Should I move on? I like the language and I think, at its core, the story isn't half bad (it only needs to be executed properly) so I should stick with it. I will. That was easy. Lists do help. 
  9. Massive nasty fight with Ma. I'm not sure if I've moved past thin ice and onto more solid ground.  
  10. The more I stay home, the more incapable, powerless I feel. 
  11. I have a meeting with my boss in a few hours. I feel like going to the office and not coming back. I should take my laptop with me to work elsewhere but where will I find a socket and wifi? 

No comments:

Post a Comment