Saturday, May 25

Blogging from elsewhere

  1. The word elsewhere reminds me of the poetry collection I bought from a table at Dela Costa, Ateneo. 
  2. It cost me, at that time, enough money for three meals and several desserts. I remember I gave that collection to my then lover, a poet himself, who was, at that time, a sophomore with even less money to spend on expensive books. Expensive being a relative term. 
  3. I am blogging from a familiar spot. When I say familiar, I also mean both comfortable and quiet
  4. Today I attended Ferdinand "Gwapo" Jarin's book launch, a project I spearheaded. It was, truthfully, my first foray into publishing and although the author himself thanked me (in front of a crowd of writers and editors, no less) and called me an associate editor (a title, I admit, I didn't bother to correct), I want to tell him he didn't have to thank me, not one iota. He doesn't owe me anything. In my opinion, he earned every minute I devoted to that project. 
  5. The above statement hard-earned after months of correspondence, rethinking deadlines, answering text messages at every hour of the day and night.

No comments:

Post a Comment